Company Mission: Arizona Heart Rhythm Center is a pre-eminent provider of cardiac electrophysiology care for the Phoenix area. We will provide to our patients arrhythmia care of the highest quality regardless of race, creed, religion, or ability to pay. We will adopt new technologies and techniques rapidly; consistent with our goal to provide the best care for our patients. To provide the best service possible to our patients, we will work cooperatively and professionally with all physicians involved in the care of our patients. We will maintain a warm and caring office atmosphere that promotes compassionate patient care. All office staff are valued partners in our team approach to treat each patient with dignity and individualized attention. Contribution and Job Summary: This at-will position contributes to the company mission by assisting physicians with patient care in a medical office setting through the performance of all Medical Assistant activities. This position works collaboratively with Back and Front Office Personnel, Back Office Coordinator, Physicians, and all ancillary services.
Responsibilities of Medical Assistant- Cardiology:
- Performs all medical assistant responsibilities as requested in accordance with AZHRC policies and procedures.
- Verifies accurate chart prep before patient visit.
- Brings patient from lobby into the appropriate exam room.
- Accurately updates and records patient medications and allergies in patient chart upon each visit.
- Preps patient as necessary for testing.
- Obtains blood pressure/vital signs, EKG—s and rhythm strips as needed.
- Ensures completed testing is presented to appropriate personnel.
- Completes the prescription and refill process within 24 hours of receipt.
- Maintains the sample medication stock as directed by clinical supervisor.
- Processes staff and patient incoming calls, faxes and inquiries.
- Performs patient checkout and scheduling of appointments as needed.
- Maintains supply inventory in exam rooms.
- Attends all mandatory staff meetings.
- Complies with all OSHA and HIPAA policies along with all policies and procedures established by AZHRC.
- Utilizes AIDET/customer service standards and demonstrates AZHRC Standards of Behavior.
- Demonstrates behavior that is professional and commensurate with the position and is in accordance to TCC Standards of Behavior.
- Maintains a professional and courteous environment.
- Maintains strict patient and employee confidentiality.
- Other routine duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
MA Certificate, Certification preferred.
Current BCLS certification.
Successful completion of ABI training as assigned.
Successful completion of job related competencies on an annual basis.
Successful completion of any other training as determined by AZHRC to be necessary for the position.
At least 2 years experience as a rooming MA is required.